Sugar Creek Township Fire Department training is geared to give its personnel the skills and knowledge needed to handle the emergencies of today and tomorrow.
Your personnel are trained in all aspects of the fire service including:
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT)
- Emergency Medical Technicians - Paramedics (EMT-P)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals (PEPP)
- Rapid Intervention Team (RIT)
- Technical Rescue:
- Auto and Machinery Rescue
- Rope Rescue
- Confined Space Rescue
- Trench Rescue
- Water Rescue
Each firefighter has a “Training Passport” to track basic and advanced training completed each year.
Our main training facility, also known as “The Barn” sits behind Station 45; it is a work in progress and an ever growing facility.
Currently we have the following training aids;
- A 2 story apartment mock up that can be “smoked up” with several hazards built in
- Nance Drill - Firefighter rescue -hole in floor
- Denver Drill (2) – Firefighter rescue out a window, one onto ladder, one onto floor
- Window Bailouts
- Roof Simulator
- Garage door forcible simulator
- SCBA confidence maze –with two levels, moveable walls, and hazards
- Confined Space – manhole attached to pipe
- Several rope rescue props
- Firefighter survival props
The Department also maintains a facility at the New Palestine Waste Water Treatment Plant that has:
- Live burn chamber with a Phase II Flashover Simulator.
- Propane fed car fire simulator